June 15, 2012

Welcome to Thrifty in the Mitten!


Hello everyone!

This concept has been close to my heart for sometime and it's finally here.

As a child, my family was on and off public assistance. As an adult, I have turned things around by being a savvy shopper and working hard towards a goal of staying out of the system. However, I see friends and family struggle with the pitfalls of living below the poverty level on a regular basis.

That's why I want to focus Thrifty in the Mitten in this direction.

This site it going to be dedicated to cheap, free, thrifty and helping you get the most from public assistance in the State of Michigan with an ultimate goal of showing you how to live better and simply meet your basic needs with the resources you have available to you.

Many of you coming from other places will know me best from Sarah's Deals. Sarah's Deals is still my baby, but will focus more on great deals on wants, while Thrifty in the Mitten focuses on needs.

I hope that makes sense to you and I hope that stick around. This site is launching faster than Sarah's Deals grew in the beginning, but will still have some start up bumps and until I figure out the best way for all of the content to make it over here, some of the links will direct back to Sarah's Deals.

So, stay connected as it happens by "Liking" Thrifty in the Mitten on Facebook or signing up for Daily Emails from Thrifty in the Mitten.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful idea! As someone that is disabled and lives with the help of public assistance, I thank you for this new endeavor that is greatly needed by people like me! I can't wait to learn more ways to save, so that I don't struggle so badly to make the money last till the end of the month. Thanks and God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and blessings to you as you begin this new venture. I'm thankful you're doing something like this. I know there are many folks in Michigan who are struggling with more month than money. So many folks have a problem differentiating between wants and needs and sometimes can't figure out why they aren't saving money when they're only buying "deals". A deal is only a deal if you really need it. Thanks for giving folks a tool they can really use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Sarah! This is much needed. I hope you get all the support you need for this project. I am thrifty by nature and not necessarily by necessity. I am thankful for that. Good Luck and blessings to you!!! Denise

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

ShareThis